gimmicky devlog 0.1.7
I'm not very good with making gifs under 3MB so here's a my tweet for some visual presentation.
Acting on the feedback I've received, here are the most important changes in this small patch:
- Z and X is now displayed on screen below the ability icons for the Windows build. In the previous build, I noted on the game page that they are bound to left/right screen respectively, but it's no excuse - because of this, some of you played the game with a mouse. My apologies!
- The first, second and third level all received small changes to make them a bit more lenient - thanks to everyone who pointed out the things that didn't fit the difficulty curve.
- Added placeholder tiles to the third level so it's not so painful to look at
- The swap blocks should be less likely to kill you - I've changed the amount of pixels you have to be inside them when they change so it's less punishing
- Halved the amount of camera snap back on death
- GUI should now properly scale to your resolution
- Made menu text more readable
Things that I've received feedback about but are not implemented yet:
- Fix a bug where you can get stuck inside the corner of a swap block
- A level between the first and second - currently the difficulty curve is a bit too steep
- More checkpoints - not entirely sure where would be best to squeeze them, but I'll think of something
- No sound, this is mandatory, but I still haven't took the time to find some nice free sound assets
- Revisit the first screen of the first level. Make the fact that you can double jump more obvious. I spent a lot of time doing this already, but I was told that it isn't enough! I want to avoid textboxes at all cost, so I'll have look into adding more visual cues
- Maybe make the blood effect rainbow colored to make it suitable for children or disable it altogether
Thank you everyone for sending these extremely valuable points of criticism!
Get Labrat (alpha)
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.